Serious Help for Serious New York City Personal Injury Cases
Accept only the most qualified, aggressive New York attorney for your lawsuit
Accidents occur when victims least expect it. You were walking down the street, carrying groceries, and suddenly a car hits you. You went for a routine operation and the doctor made an irreversible error. While shopping for new clothes, you slipped on a wet surface. When another party’s negligence, careless or recklessness causes you physical or mental harm, you deserve compensation.
The attorneys at the Brooklyn-based law firm Rubenstein & Rynecki have more than 30 years of experience fighting for maximum awards for victims of personal injury cases. Let our experience and vast legal knowledge help you get the compensation you deserve.
What qualifies for a personal injury claim or lawsuit?
Personal injury is an area of civil law designed to award compensation to injured parties. You can file a claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party to cover your losses ― many cases settle out of court before reaching a trial. Most personal injury claims are the result of:
Different laws and regulations apply to each specific type of personal injury case. Consult with a New York attorney for help with everything from a birth injury to spinal injury caused by someone else’s negligence.
New York follows a “pure comparative negligence” system when determining awards for personal injury cases. A judge or jury assigns a percentage of fault to each responsible party and determines the damage award accordingly. By example, if you were involved in a motor vehicle accident and you were 30% at fault, and the other driver was 60% at fault, your award would be reduced by 30%. Therefore, if the total amount of compensation was $100,000, your final award would be reduced by $30,000 and you would obtain $70,000 from the other party.
Types of damages you can receive
If you are successful with your case, you can obtain compensation for:
- Medical treatment, including hospital bills, doctors’ visits, prescription medications, physical therapy and medical devices, such as crutches.
- Lost income, for the money you couldn’t earn while you were unable to work. In addition, you can receive compensation for “lost earning capacity,” for future lost wages if you are unable to perform some of the same job duties as before.
- Property loss, for property that was damaged or destroyed due to the accident.
- Pain and suffering, compensation for the physical and mental suffering you experienced due to your injuries.
- Emotional distress, if a serious accident caused you mental and emotional anguish.
- Loss of enjoyment, if you are no longer able to engage in activities you once enjoyed.
- Loss of consortium, for the impact your accident had on your spousal relationship.
Whether you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, slip and fall or other type of accident, the New York law firm of Rubenstein & Rynecki can help you obtain compensation.
More NY Personal Injury Headlines
Representing victims since 1972
Rubenstein & Rynecki and its predecessor firms have been representing victims since 1972. If you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident ― major or minor, suffered medical malpractice or been a victim of police misconduct, you may be entitled to money damages. Rubenstein & Rynecki may be able to help you. No recovery, no fee. Contact us today for a free consultation.