New York City Product Liability Attorneys
Dealing with Dangerous Products
Dangerous products pose a threat to consumers but, when injured, consumers can hold manufacturers accountable. Under New York product liability law, manufacturers are liable when they produce defective products that cause harm. Attorneys do not have to prove the manufacturer was negligent ― merely that the product was defective.
Rubenstein & Rynecki is a law firm that takes on large manufacturers in product liability lawsuits in New York.
Common Types of Products Subject to New York Product Liability Lawsuits
Automobile defects are particularly hazardous, and numerous people have suffered injuries or died as a result. Some well-known types of defects subject to lawsuits include:
- Toyota’s unintended accelerations in car models caused by improperly installed floor mats (one case involved a runaway 2007 Toyota Camry accident that killed a man)
- Ford and Firestone’s defective tires prone to tread separation, causing rollovers, serious injuries, and death
- Chrysler Jeeps recalled for design flaws of positioning gas tanks below rear bumpers behind the rear axle, making the tank prone to rupture and explosions
- Airbags deploying unnecessarily or with excessive force, injuring passengers (especially the elderly or young children)
Dangerous Child Products
Certain products have been found dangerous for children, such as:
- Evenflow infant car seats, recalled because they had defective handles capable of releasing without warning, causing infants to fall out of carriers
- Simplicity and Graco crib models recalled because of rail defects where babies could become entrapped and suffocate (two deaths reported)
- Fisher Price toys recalled because of Chinese manufacturing using lead paint (ingesting lead paint can cause seizures and death)
- Water Balz recalled by Dunecraft because toys expand from marble-size to larger when placed in water, and children ingesting them were exposed to life-threatening injuries
Pharmaceutical Product Recalls
Aside from household goods, drugs with harmful side effects have also been subject to product liability lawsuits in New York and across the nation. Here are a few examples:
- Zyprexa, Eli Lilly product recalled for dangerous side effects, including diabetes
- Orhto Evra, Johnson & Johnson birth control patch with high estrogen levels, making women prone to blood clots, strokes, and fatal heart attacks
- Chiron flu vaccine containing high levels of bacteria
Food Poisoning Cases
Contaminated food products have also been subject to product liability lawsuits. Here are a few examples:
- Sunland Inc., recall of peanut butter and almond butter (sold to Trader Joe's groceries) associated with salmonella outbreak
- Menu Foods, recall of melamine-contaminated wheat gluten in pet food, killing pets
- Natural Selection Foods, recall because of E-coli outbreak from spinach products
NYC Product Liability Attorneys With More Than 40 Years of Experience
Rubenstein & Rynecki and its previous firms have represented clients in product liability cases since 1972, obtaining successful verdicts and settlements for clients. It costs you nothing to discuss your injury with us and find out whether we can help — no recovery, no fee.
Contact us today for a free consultation with a product liability attorney in New York City.