New York Wrongful Death Attorneys
New York law firm handles wrongful death cases
The attorneys at the Brooklyn-based law firm of Rubenstein & Rynecki have more than 30 years of experience fighting for maximum awards for families who have lost loved ones. The law firm handles wrongful death cases in the fields of:
If you or someone you know is facing a wrongful death matter in New York, contact the firm today for a free consultation. No recovery, no fee.
How We Help Prove Your Case
No amount of monetary award can truly compensate families when a loved one dies as the result of negligent or willful actions of others, including violent or criminal acts. However, our law firm has the legal skills and knowledge to help clients in NYC, Manhattan, and throughout the state by proving the following:
- Eligibility. Depending on the details of a situation, the law may potentially permit compensation for the spouse, children, parents, and siblings of the deceased based on a hierarchical structure.
- Liability. Even if the carelessness of the victim contributes to an accident, his or her dependents can pursue damages from other negligent parties, though compensation is reduced by the degree to which the victim contributed to the accident.
- Losses. The law permits dependents to pursue a wide range of damages. In addition to medical expenses relating to the injuries that led to death, eligible recipients can seek funeral expenses, lost monetary support, and even punitive damages in certain situations. The law places great discretion in the hands of the courts when determining the full value of all losses.
The experienced attorneys at Rubenstein & Rynecki conduct thorough investigations to develop the evidence needed to prove all aspects of each claim. We also have a network of investigative experts and medical specialists available when needed to help ensure we cover every detail for our clients.
Some of the wrongful death results Rubenstein & Rynecki has obtained for clients include:
- $3 million for the family of an African immigrant wrongly shot and killed by a police officer during a raid on a warehouse in Chelsea.
- $1.1 million for the family of a Haitian woman who died following childbirth as a result of medical malpractice.
- $2 million for the family of a Jamaican woman whose death in a psychiatric ward was captured on a shocking video that depicted hospital staff ignoring her for hours.
- $1.5 million for the family of a woman who died as a result of the failure to recognize and properly treat respiratory distress during labor and delivery.
- $2.5 million from the City of New York to the family of United Nations security guard who died as a result of the Staten Island "Andrew J. Barberi" ferry crash.
- $25 million for tots killed under a truck.
- $5 million for the family of a woman who died in childbirth.
- $3.7 million structured settlement for taxi crash.
- $3.25 million for the victim of a police shooting killed on his wedding day.
More NY Wrongful Death Headlines
Representing victims since 1972
Rubenstein & Rynecki and its predecessor firms have been representing victims since 1972. If you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident, major or minor, suffered medical malpractice or been a victim of police misconduct, you may be entitled to money damages. Rubenstein & Rynecki may be able to help you. No recovery, no fee. Contact us today for a free consultation.