New York Police Brutality Attorney
New York law firm obtains damages for victims who have suffered the use of excessive force
The attorneys at the Brooklyn-based law firm Rubenstein & Rynecki have more than 30 years of experience fighting for maximum awards for victims of police brutality cases. The law firm handles police brutality cases in the fields of—
Police are legally allowed to control a situation using the minimal amount of force required, but instances of police brutality involving bodily harm to civilians or inmates are unacceptable and should be reported immediately. Likewise, if officers do not uphold an individual’s civil rights, they are in violation of the law. If you have been the victim of police brutality, contact a police misconduct law firm as soon as possible.
What if You Experience Police Brutality?
If an officer of the law denies you your constitutional rights or is physically aggressive with you, comply with their requests as best as possible. To protect yourself, request restraint and say nothing more. Do not be aggressive in response or give the officer or guard any indication of non-cooperation, as it may be used against you should you decide to pursue legal action. Do your best to remain calm until the ordeal is over. As soon as you are able, contact a lawyer. Traffic stops or any other forms of non-aggravated police contact do not generally warrant the use of physical force. However, in the instance of arrest, detention, or as the result of a pursuit, officers will often use excessive force to show dominance. This is illegal and should be reported. Additionally, if you are subject to racial profiling, sexual misconduct by an officer, or bodily harm, our lawyers will provide you with your best legal solutions. If you or someone you know has been injured in a police brutality case, contact the firm today for a free consultation. No recovery, no fee.
Police Brutality Case Results
Some of the New York police brutality results Rubenstein & Rynecki has obtained for clients include—
- $8.75 million for a man who was sodomized by a NYC police officer in a police precinct bathroom
- $3 million for the family of an African immigrant wrongly shot and killed by a police officer during a raid on a warehouse in Chelsea
- $1.5 million for a New York City cab driver wrongly shot by police
- $7.15 million for the wrongful death of the father of two and damages for injured victims in case of police firing a 50-shot barrage
- $175,000 for wrongfully arrested Florida man
- $400,000 for telephone repairmen roughed up and falsely arrested by traffic cops
- $300,000 for a Haitian man beaten by cop at motor vehicle office in Brooklyn
- $440,000 for victims of police brutality at Caribbean parade
- $75,000 for a photojournalist, a victim of excessive force and false arrest by police while trying to photograph police misconduct
Representing victims since 1972
Rubenstein & Rynecki and its predecessor firms have been representing victims since 1972. If you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident, major or minor, suffered medical malpractice or been a victim of police misconduct, you may be entitled to money damages. Rubenstein & Rynecki may be able to help you. No recovery, no fee. Contact us today for a free consultation.