New York Civil Rights Attorney
The skilled attorneys at Brooklyn-based law firm Rubenstein & Rynecki have more than 30 years of experience fighting to protect victims of criminal civil rights violations that include—
- Police misconduct and abuse
- Correction officer misconduct and abuse
The Criminal Justice Information Services Division of the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) reported that in 2008, there were 7,783 hate crimes motivated by intolerance. These criminal civil rights violations are investigated and prosecuted by the FBI, as well as state and local civil rights law enforcement units.
We protect victims of hate crimes
In New York City, which is a melting pot of many nationalities and cultures from around the world, the most common targets of hate crime and prejudice are the following groups:
Hate speech directed against these groups is unfortunately a common occurrence. While the Constitution protects freedom of speech, it prohibits free speech in certain instances, such as inciting imminent lawless action or committing slander. If someone takes free speech a step further and uses force or the threat of force against another based on a bias against his or her skin color, cultural differences, or any other personal trait, this constitutes a criminal civil rights violation.
A highly qualified New York civil rights lawyer can fight civil rights violations
The highly qualified New York civil rights attorneys Sanford Rubenstein and Scott Rynecki, of the New York-based law firm of Rubenstein and Rynecki, have decades of successful experience defending victims of hate crimes and other civil rights violations. Their track record of fighting for justice includes multi-million dollar settlements in civil rights legal cases, as well as personal injury, medical malpractice, and wrongful death cases. They apply every provision under NY civil rights law to protect your rights through tough negotiations and do not hesitate to take violators to court if that is what it takes to obtain justice.
Civil Rights Case Results
Some of the results the civil rights attorneys at Rubenstein & Rynecki has obtained for clients include—
- $875 million for a man who was sodomized by a NYC police office in a police precinct bathroom
- $7.15 million for the wrongful death of the father of two and damages for injured victims in the case of police firing a 50-shot barrage
- $4.5 million for man killed by police in stairwell of housing project
- $3 million for the family of an African immigrant wrongly shot and killed by a police officer during a raid on a warehouse in Chelsea
- $1.5 million for a cab driver wrongly shot by police
- $1 million for a Brooklyn parochial student whose classmates forced him to cross-dress based on a teacher's order
- $440,000 for victims of police brutality at Caribbean parade
- $400,000 for telephone repairmen roughed up and falsely arrested by traffic cops
- $300,000 for a Haitian man beaten by cops at a motor vehicle office in Brooklyn
- $175,000 for a wrongfully arrested Florida man
- $75,000 for a photojournalist, a victim of excessive force and false arrest by police while trying to photograph police misconduct
Contact us today
If you or someone you know was the victim of a hate crime, or your New York civil rights were violated, you may be able to take legal action to seek compensatory damages and fight for your basic civil and human rights. If you are looking for a New York civil rights attorney, the Brooklyn-based law firm of Rubenstein and Rynecki is prepared to fight for you, and if there is no recovery, there is no fee. Please contact us today by calling 800-447-HURT or fill out our online contact form.